Studio Intensive: Sunday 19th July 2020 – Sunday 2nd August 2020
Mentoring: August – October 2020
Building on the success of the internationally acclaimed Performance Mentoring Programme (PMP) in 2014, 2015 and 2017, KND is thrilled to announce that we are now accepting applications from established dance artists for the PMP 2020.
The PMP supports sustainable, artistic lives and provides an inspiring, powerful space for thinking and doing. At a critical point in a dancer’s career, this programme is designed to prepare a small, select group of mature artists for an ever-changing and varied job landscape. The four-month programme is masterfully curated by multidisciplinary dance artist Kerry Nicholls. It offers rigorous technical training, thought-provoking workshops and inspiring seminars, all led by a team of leading industry experts, and underpinned by a tailor-made, individual mentoring scheme.
KND actively encourages a diverse range of established artists from all over the world to apply for our PMP 2020 and values the positive impact that difference has on our work, our opportunities and the KND community as a whole.
What can you expect to gain from being part of the PMP 2020 cohort?
After a highly competitive selection process, you will engage with challenging content via an expertly personalised approach. You will receive support, provocation, and positive affirmation, alongside the opportunity to spend qualitative and reflective time with a network of like-minded artists.
- A small and select, yet diverse group of established artists to work alongside
- A four month programme: a demanding two-week studio intensive led by a world-class faculty, followed by 3 months of individual support from International Senior Coach, Kerry Nicholls
- A bespoke headshot and showreel
- Outstanding, highly professional settings to work within
- A rigorous and nurturing environment in which to develop your leadership practice, and empower the navigation of your artistic career
Application deadline and dates:
- Closing date for applications: 6pm Friday 17th April 2020
- All applicants can expect to hear the outcome of their application during the week commencing Monday 20th April 2020
- Interviews: Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed by Kerry Nicholls either in person in central London or via Skype during the week commencing Monday 4th May 2020
Sunday 19th July 2020 – Sunday 2nd August (Studio Intensive)
August – Oct 2020 (three individual mentoring sessions, one per month)
£550 (full four-month programme)
£100 (non-refundable deposit) payable by 6pm Friday 15th May in order to guarantee your place
£450* payable by 6pm Friday 19th June 2020
* Please Note: Individual payment plans may be arranged if requested
Studio Intensive: English National Ballet
(41 Hopewell Square, Poplar, London E14 0SY)
Mentoring: Central London
(The Hospital Club, 24 Endell St, West End, London WC2H 9HQ)
*Please Note: Alternatively mentoring can be arranged via Skype if it is not possible to attend sessions in central London due to geographical distance
- Applicants should have graduated at least 4 years ago with a high technical ability, a strong performance portfolio, and an enthusiasm for expanding their skill set
- Applicants must be available to commit to the full two-week intensive. The three months of mentoring thereafter will be flexible to suit individual schedules
To be considered please email your…
- Showreel (2 minutes max.)
- Letter of intent outlining, in no more than one A4 page (500 words), where you are within your artistic career to date, why you are interested in applying, and what you would hope to gain from participating in the programme.
The Performance Mentoring Programme (PMP) 2020 is generously supported by: