Our Vision and Mission
We exist to provide a developmental home where individuals and organisations can move, train, exchange and create.
KND have an unfaltering belief that we can find the very best work in each and every person we engage with. Driven by Kerry’s own curiosities to get to the heart of the matter, KND enjoy supporting artists to create their own security in an uncertain world.
- we create a safe space for us all to become the biggest version of ourselves.
- we believe the body offers the most powerful opportunity to transform values into action.
- we allow for trust and growth to develop as a result of spending time; encouraging and inspiring fearless creative exploration.
- we are process orientated and enjoy digging-in and working-out from joy.
- we remain responsive, build connections, form alliances and are all about making things happen.
Over the past seven years, KND has established itself as a strong and influential voice within dance organisations and institutions in the UK and internationally.
In 2012, we delivered our first masterclass series and have led these at least three times each year since – with 2017 and 2018 being sold-out on all occasions. With support from the Arts Council England and the Linbury Trust, we piloted our first Performance Mentoring Programme (PMP) at English National Ballet studios. Fast becoming our flagship programme, the PMP has supported established artists in 2015 and 2017, with the latter being hosted at Studio Wayne McGregor as part of their FreeSpace programme.
In 2018, DanceXchange and Sampad (South Asian Arts and Heritage) announced KND as one of their Artistic Associates for their Centre for Advanced Training for South Asian and Contemporary Dance (CAT) as it enters its’ tenth year. KND will steer the CAT’s artistic leadership and vision throughout 2019, and ensure training and mentoring of an exceptional standard.
To create a cornerstone for the escalation of our work, we established our Advisory Board in 2016. Created alongside leaders with whom we share values, we regularly meet to discuss how we devise, deliver and think. KND works collaboratively and continually strive to offer a broader, more flexible expression of what KND can be for more people.